INTRO

Hold onto your hats, it's going to be a bumpy ride! Thank you for stopping by and joining me for a while. I've recently been juggling (as all mums do) more balls than I am comfy with, and just when I felt like a professional juggler - BAM!! I get hit with this - BREAST CANCER!! I'm hoping that writing this blog will serve as some sort of therapy for me, to get me through this 'rough patch' ahead.... if it's interesting, entertaining, thought provoking or helpful to anyone else out there then that's an added bonus. If you like what you read, please visit again or click the "join" button below, and feel free to spread the word.

Tuesday 21 February 2012

MY FRIENDS ARE WORTH THEIR WEIGHT IN GOLD

I woke about 5 am today with a tight, pinching pain under my arm.   I laid there for quite a while, wondering whether or not my wound was infected, yet not wanting to get up.  Mainly cos if I got up I knew my sleeping DH would wake with a start, concerned for my well-being.   He needs his sleep, bless him.   He is being super dad and super husband right now, doing all the cooking, cleaning, school runs, bedtime routine - pretty much doing everything, so I knew him being woken at 5 a.m would not have been good.   I wasn't in agony, just discomfort.
Anyhow due to this early awakening for me and the pain in my pit, I felt very low, dare I say it - depressed - this morning.  I managed to get dressed but then went back to bed and cried under the duvet. 
However, thanks to some fabulous friends, the day took a massive U-turn and now I am feeling great!!  Was it The Universe rallying the troops in response to my despair? or was it just that I have very thoughtful friends and that everyone is very worried about me right now?!
Within an hour I received 2 text messages and 2 phone calls from my 'lovelies' checking up on me.
Then I went off to the see the Practice Nurse at the docs surgery, who changed my dressings and confirmed that all was well - no yucky infection - phew!!!  And she arranged some extra strong painkillers for me. Hurrah!
Once home, I had a little lie down, being driven to the doctors and back again had worn me out ;) - and then my day just got even better....  a dear friend (or was it a Shining Angel) showed up at my door, complete with homemade pizza for lunch and a bag of treats.  Lots of chat, tears and laughter ensued.   She even took time to give me a mini manicure! 

So, although I have been feeling quite unlucky of late - the outpouring of love and support I have received from my friends since being diagnosed with breast cancer is actually making me feel like the luckiest girl in the world!!!   My friends (all of them) are worth their weight in gold! xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment